CBI in its Complete Form: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is its full name in English. This government agency is based in New Delhi, the capital of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The then-Indian Home Minister renamed this unit in 1963 after it was first founded in 1941 as a Special Police Establishment. The CBI has a new director in Subodh Kumar Jaiswal (appointed on May 25, 2021). White-collar crimes, economic offenses, bribery, terrorism cases, etc., are all investigated by this agency, which is considered one of the best in the country.
What CBI stands for
Industry, Impartiality, and Integrity are the guiding principles of this organization, which the Indian Prime Minister leads.
“Constitutional and land law maintenance through rigorous study” is the goal of this project.
As a prominent organization for increasing law enforcement collaboration between states and around the world.
- Combats public corruption
- Controls economic and violent crimes by thorough investigation and prosecution.
- Maintains and protects human rights, the arts, the environment, etc.
- To combat cyber and high-tech crime, it is a useful tool.
- Fosters a positive work climate that emphasizes teamwork, trust, and open communication.
- Conducts investigations into a wide range of domestic and foreign crimes.
- Helps in the development of humanism, scientific temperament, and the spirit of investigation.
In what ways does CBI serve its users?
• Resolving unsolved cases from any state is part of the process.
• It aims to combat graft.
• It provides the police department with leadership and direction.
Investigation and preparation of a chart sheet of crimes, including rape, murder, kidnapping, and encounters, are the primary functions of this unit. •
For both domestic and foreign crimes, it serves as a launching pad for investigations.
As a result, it calls for a more aggressive approach to combating terrorism.
Because of this, no one has the right to interfere with the CBI’s investigation process at any time or in any place in India.
• Cases in which the central government’s financial interests are at stake are investigated.
Components of the CBI
The CBI committee is presided over by India’s Prime Minister. The CBI is led by a director (an IPS officer). Choosing and appointing the CBI director is a joint decision of India’s Prime Minister, Chief Justice, and Opposition Leader. CBI’s director is initially appointed for a two-year term, but that can be extended under certain circumstances.
Under CBI, what is the role of the Division Board?
CBI’s responsibilities are expanding, and the organization is presently divided into three main groups:
Anti-corruption Division: The CBI’s Anti-Corruption Division investigates corrupt practices by government employees. These civil servants are employed by the state and federal governments, public sector banks, and public sector undertakings I n which the Indian government holds the majority of the shares.
Special Crimes Division: In this division’s purview, it is to handle matters that have a significant impact on the nation or those that have been referred to CBI by either the Supreme Court or a state government authority. This branch is in charge of looking into high-profile rapes and killings that have shocked the nation.
Economic Offences Division: Investigations into fraud, financial crimes, cybercrime, and fake personification are under the purview of the Economic Offenses Division.
CBI Officer Candidate Requirements in India
- A passing grade point average of at least 55 percent is required for consideration.
- CBI officers must first become IPS officers by completing the UPSC Civil Service examination.
- To get a job, one must pass the CGL SSC exam.
- A CBI officer must be between the ages of 20 and 30 to be eligible to apply.
Position in the CBI
Constables in the CBI have a similar rank structure as their state and federal police services counterparts. The following is the position of CBI: There are a variety of positions within the police department from the rank of constable to that of the chief constable, from sub-inspector to assistant sub-inspector to inspector to deputy inspector general of police and lastly director.
Who is CBI’s current leader?
On May 25, 2021, Subodh Kumar Jaiswal was named the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
What is the location of CBI’s Indian headquarters?
Near Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi, India, the CBI can be found in the CGO Complex.
In India, how much does a CBI officer make?
CBI sub-inspectors make between Rs. 9300 and Rs. 34,800 a month, while inspectors make around Rs. 44,000 a month.