What is CLAT Exam?
- CLAT is a national entrance examination. It is run by a consortium of NLUs for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by the 22 NLUs that participate. CLAT 2023 will be administered using pen and paper.
- The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam for admission to 21 of India’s most prestigious national law universities as well as other private universities.
- Those who pass the CLAT can apply for admission to 3-year/5-year Integrated LLB and LLM programmes.
- The CLAT exam is administered once a year by the National Law University (NLU) among the CLAT Committee’s 21 members.
- CLAT scores are used for admissions and recruitment by various private law colleges across the country, as well as by Public Sector Undertakings.
- Until 2018, CLAT was administered by NLUs on a rotating basis. However, beginning in 2019, the CLAT will be administered by a permanent entity called the “Consortium of NLUs,” which is made up of NLUs.
- The organization’s headquarters are at NLSIU Bangalore.
|Undergraduate||CLAT 2023 has no upper age limit for undergraduate programmes. Candidates from the General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories must acquire at least 45 percent marks or an equivalent grade in the 10+2 or its equivalent examination. It is 40% for applicants belonging to the SC/ST category. Candidates who take the qualifying test in March/April 2023 are eligible to take the CLAT 2023 examination. They will, however, be asked to provide proof of passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.|
|Postgraduate||CLAT postgraduate test requires an LLB degree or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks. SC/ST applicants receive 45 percent of the available marks. Candidates who will take the qualifying examination in April/May 2023 may also apply online. There is no upper age limit for taking CLAT 2023.|
Other CLAT eligibility criteria 2023
|Particulars||CLAT UG||CLAT PG|
|Minimum educational qualification||Class 12 or equivalent||3-year LLB or 5-year integrated LLB|
|Minimum qualifying marks||45 % (40% in case of SC and ST candidates)||50% (45% in case of SC and ST candidates)|
|Age limit||Not applicable||Not applicable|
CLAT 2023 Exam Dates
- Candidates might choose between 5-year LLB and one-year LLM programmes when registering for the exam.
- Before completing the application form, candidates were required to check the stipulated qualifying conditions.
- To complete the form, the candidate must first register, then enter personal, academic, and contact information, submit documents, and pay the price.
- CLAT test fees are INR 4,000 for general candidates and INR 3,500 for SC, ST, and BPL candidates.
- Because the Consortium performs the CLAT admission process on a regular basis, candidates can refer to the dates in the table below to keep track of all events:
|CLAT 2023 Application Forms Start Date||1st week of August 2023|
|CLAT 2023 Application Forms Last Date||4th week of August 2023|
|CLAT 2023 Admit card Release Date||1st week of December 2023|
|CLAT 2023 Exam Date||December 18, 2023 (Out)|
|CLAT 2023 Answer key||4th week of December 2023|
|Objection against CLAT 2023 Answer Key||4th week of December 2023|
|CLAT 2023 Result||4th week of January 2023|
|CLAT 2023 Counselling||March 2023|
- CLAT, a national-level entrance examination, is held for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate legal programmes.
- Candidates who pass the CLAT exam and score above the cutoff can apply for admission to the courses listed below at one of India’s 21 NLUs.
- Undergraduate Courses
- BA LLB (Bachelor of Arts LLB)
- BCom LLB (Bachelor of Commerce LLB)
- BSc LLB (Bachelor of Science LLB)
- BBA LLB (Bachelor of Business Administration LLB)
- BSW LLB (Bachelor of Social Work)
- Postgraduate Course LLM
CLAT Application Fee Application
• Fees can only be paid online.
• The application fee for general/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates is Rs. 4,000/-.
• The application fee for SC/ST/BPL candidates is Rs. 3,500/-.
• Previous year’s question papers cost Rs. 500/- (not included in the CLAT 2023 application price of Rs. 4,000/- or Rs. 3,500/-, as applicable).
• Candidates will be responsible for any bank transaction fees incurred when remitting the money online.
• After you select a payment method, the actual bank transaction fees will be revealed on the payment gateway page. The application fees are not refundable.
CLAT Exam Pattern
• The CLAT will be administered in an offline format. It is an objective paper with a two-hour time limit.
• Each correct answer will receive one mark, while erroneous answers will receive 0.25 mark. The examination will be given entirely in English.
CLAT Application Form
• Candidates seeking admission to law programmes at NLUs and other private universities should register online at the CLAT website.
• Here are the steps to fill out the CLAT application form online.
o Step 1: Go to the CLAT Consortium of NLU’s official website at www.clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in.
o Step 2: On the homepage, click the ‘Register’ button.
o Step 3: Enter your basic information, such as your name, phone number, and email address.
o Step 4: Upload the necessary documents, including the photo and signature.
o Step 5: Fill out all of the mandatory fields on the CLAT application form, such as qualification and NLU selection.
o Step 6: Pay the CLAT application cost as specified.
o Step 7: Fill up and submit the application form Step 8: Download the soft copy and print it out.
CLAT Application Form 2023 – Important documents to keep handy
- Candidates must upload papers and offer information about their educational qualifications when filling out the application form.
- As a result, candidates should have the following documents ready before filling out the application form.
- Mark sheets and certificates for classes 10 and 12.
- Email address and phone number
- Certificate of Caste (if applicable)
- Certificate of domicile (if applicable)
- Photograph and signature (scanned in prescribed format)
- BPL certification (If applicable)
22 National Law Universities (NLUs)
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru
- NALSAR University of Law (NALSAR), Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal
- The WB National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS), Kolkata
- National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur
- Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar
- Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi
- National Law University Odisha (NLUO), Odisha
- National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi
- National Law University and Judicial Academy (NLUJA), Assam
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), Vishakhapatnam
- Tamil Nadu National Law School (TNNLU), Tiruchirapalli
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Aurangabad
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU), Shimla
- Dharmashastra National Law University (DNLU), Jabalpur
- Dr. B.R. Ahmedkar National Law University (DBRANLU), Haryana.
List Of Private Universities Accepting CLAT Scores
- Apart from 21 NLUs, many private institutions across the country accept the CLAT scores.
- Check the list of institutions/universities below which have signed an MoU with the CLAT Consortium to use the CLAT scores.
- Shobhit University, Modipuram, Meerut, U.P.
- RNB Global University, Bikaner, Rajasthan
- ISBR Law College, Bangalore
- LLOYD Law College, Greater Noida, U.P.
- GLOCAL University, Saharanpur, U.P.
- Indore Institute of Law, Indore Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, Pitampura, Delhi Xavier Law School, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar Amity University, U.P.
- Law College Dehradun Alliance School of Law, Alliance University, Bangalore Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law, Indore GITAM School OF Law, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam Kalinga University, Naya Raipur, CG ICFAI Law School, ICFAI University, Dehradun Asian Law College, Noida
- Siddharth Law College, Dehradun Aryans College of Law, Punjab School of Law, JIMS Engineering and Management Technical Campus Greater Noida, U.P.
- GLA University Mathura, Uttar Pradesh REVA University, Bangalore, Karnataka
Key points related to CLAT 2023 Registration
- Eligibility: The eligibility criteria for CLAT 2023 are program-specific. Admission to the 5-year integrated legal programme requires a minimum of 45 percent in class 12, whereas one-year LLM candidates must have a bachelor’s law degree with at least 50 percent.
- Application mode: The CLAT 2023 application process is entirely online. Registration, form completion, and fee payment must all be completed online.
- How to pay the CLAT application form fee: The fee must be paid ONLINE using net banking, credit or debit card.Data entered in the application form: At the time of counselling and seat allocation, every detail entered in the CLAT application form will be validated. Data entered will be cross-checked against original documents. If there is an error, the candidate may be disqualified. So, only enter true and verifiable facts.
- Exam centre selection: A maximum of three exam centres may be chosen; the entries must be entered in the order of priority. The CLAT 2023 admit card will include information about the exam centre.
- Submitting more than one application: Only the most recent application will be evaluated. Fees paid for previously completed forms will also not be returned.
How to fill CLAT 2023 Application Form?
All the eligible candidates can fill out the CLAT 2023 application form in online mode. The application process for CLAT 2023 includes the following four steps.
- CLAT 2023 registration
- Filling CLAT application form
- Submitting the application form
- Completing the application process by submitting the registration fees
|Step 1: CLAT Registration 2023||Visit the official website of CLAT 2023 – consortiumofnlus.ac.in.Click on CLAT 2023 link and open the registration panelClick on the “Register” link.Fill the CLAT 2023 registration form by entering your name, mobile number and email ID and submit the details.You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number and email IDComplete your registration by entering the OTP on the CLAT login page|
|Step 2: Fill CLAT 2023 Application Form||After completing the registration candidates can access the application form of CLAT 2023. The application form will have five sections – personal information, communication details, qualifying examination details, preference and reservation. candidates will have to enter all the relevant information in these sections. The step-by-step process of filling CLAT application form is elaborated on below.|
CLAT 2023 Application Form Reservation Details
• The majority of national law schools provide domicile reservations.
• As a result, candidates must choose their reservation status if they are qualified for any of the NLUs’ reservations.
• Candidates seeking domicile reservation or any other sort of case reservation must have a legal document issued by the appropriate authority.
• Currently, all national law universities participating in CLAT, with the exception of NLU Jodhpur, allow domicile reservations.
How to recover the CLAT login password?
In case, candidates forget the password required to login into their registered account, they can recover it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of CLAT Consortium
- Click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link in the Login window
- Enter the registered mobile number and click on ‘Request OTP’
- Enter the One Time Password (OTP) received on mobile
- Create a new password and proceed to login
How to prepare for CLAT?
- CLAT is a standardised entrance exam for the country’s eleven National Law Universities. After class XII, it is one of the most essential exams for legal students.
- AILET for National Law University, Delhi, NLUO-AT for National Law University, Orissa, CET for six colleges under GGSIP University, Delhi, and LSAT for 22+ law colleges are the other main law entrance exams.
- CLAT took all of the applicants by surprise. Some of the parts were lengthy and necessitated extensive preparation.
- The Broad Awareness component provided some relief because it did not require any static general knowledge. CLAT is all about assessing one’s understanding of fundamentals and their applications.
- The majority of test takers were unable to complete the exam on time, and the cut-offs are expected to be slightly lower than in recent years.
- CLAT is a two-hour exam with 200 questions from several areas. With minor exceptions, the courses covered in legal exam preparation are largely the same throughout all law schools.
- The primary distinction is the amount of time given for each exam. While CLAT lasts two hours, AILET is only 90 minutes long. Similarly, CET and SET for symbiosis last 150 minutes.
CLAT Admit Card 2023
• The CLAT answer key will be made available by the organising body within a week of the examination.
• Candidates who took the CLAT exam can view the answer key on the official website.
• One can cross-check the marked answers in the law examination to determine whether or not he or she will qualify.
• Candidates must provide their registration number and date of birth/password to access the CLAT answer key.
CLAT Result 2023
• The CLAT results will be announced by the organising institute within three weeks of the examination date.
• The CLAT results will only be available online. In the CLAT result, test participants will only receive information about their qualifying status.
• To get the CLAT result, candidates must enter their registration number or roll number, as well as their date of birth.
General Instructions for CLAT Registration 2023
• When filling out the online form, you should carefully read the basic directions and submit accurate and true information.
• You must fill out your preference order for all 21 NLUs during the online application process. Any modifications to the preference after form submission will be prohibited.
• There are several crucial instructions to follow during the CLAT Registration Process.
• Applications must be filed solely through the official website.
• Your name and the names of your parents should match those on your grade sheet.
• Any incorrect information entered into the application form may result in form cancellation.
• You should only upload the CLAT photo and signature as specified in the official booklet.
• Any changes to the information obtained in the application form are not accountable. Please keep in mind that information like category, NLU preference, or exam centre preference list are not modifiable after final submission.
Common Mistakes while filling CLAT 2023 Application form
• Application Form for CLAT 2023 Out and these are the main blunders that people make when filling out the CLAT 2023 Application form:
o Incorrectly filling out the name. It is specified to fill up the whole name as it appears on the Class 12 or Class 10th certificate. Don’t overlook the middle name (if given in the certificate).
o Mention the correct category, particularly the NRI or NRI Sponsored category. If you have an NRI family who is willing to pay for your education at an NLU, you can claim a spot in a superior college with this option.
FAQs: CLAT Exam
Q.1 Which exam preparation takes the most time and training, and why?
All legal admissions require the same level of effort and training. The difference is in the time duration, thus students must practise and develop time management methods accordingly. CL offers personalised mock tests for each of the law entrance exams, ensuring that students receive the necessary experience before writing the actual paper.
Q.2 Which branch of law performed best in past batches?
CL maintains high-quality training at all of its locations and branches. Training academics and staff takes a significant amount of time and effort. As a result, we have consistently produced outstanding results.
Q3 Who meets the eligibility requirements for CLAT 2023?
A: Candidates with a Class 12 grade point average of at least 45 percent are eligible to apply for the CLAT UG exam for integrated LLB course admissions. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 50 percent marks, on the other hand, are eligible to apply for the CLAT PG exam for LLM admissions. Candidates from the reserved categories are exempt from the minimum mark requirement.
Q4 What is the CLAT 2023 application fee?
A: The application fee for the CLAT exam varies depending on the candidate’s category. The application cost is Rs 4,000 for general/OBC/PWD/PIO/OCI/NRI applicants and Rs 3,500 for SC/ST/BPL applicants. Candidates desiring prior years’ CLAT exam papers must pay an additional Rs 500.
Q5 Can I submit my CLAT 2023 application in stages?
A: You can fill out the CLAT application form in stages. Each phase of the CLAT application form will have a ‘Store’ button for candidates to save their completed information. If candidates want to exit and complete the application form again, they simply need to log in again and pick up where they left off.
Q6 Is the application form for CLAT 2023 the same for all courses?
A: The application form for both undergraduate and postgraduate studies is the same. When you fill out the application form, you can choose your programme of study.
Q7 Is there a rectification period for the CLAT 2023 application form?
A: Typically, the CLAT Consortium does not allow candidates to alter their application forms. However, in 2021, the Consortium established the CLAT application correction window, allowing candidates to make adjustments to test cities and names, as well as date of birth and category, if necessary.
Q8 Do I need to send the CLAT 2023 application form in printed copy to the consortium?
A: No, candidates may keep a hard copy of the CLAT application form with them, but they are not required to send it to the CLAT Consortium headquarters.
Q9 Is the CLAT exam challenging?
A: The CLAT exam is usually of moderate difficulty. Visit learn more about the exam difficulty level, go to CLAT exam analysis.