UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts the civil services examination which is considered as the most elite exam of all the competitive public test. One who becomes an IAS enjoys great privilege. Although the level of examination is high those who work hard with determination can easily crack the exam.
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence and same is required here. A well-planned study and right focus are mandatory to be an achiever of IAS. Various coaching institutes provide the way and material for disciplined study. Elite IAS the best institute in Delhi for the coaching of civil service examinations. Let’s have a look at the IAS exam pattern.
This exam consists of three different stages that are:
- Stage1 -Preliminary exam
- Stage2- Mains examination
- Stage3- An Interview
Stage1- Preliminary exam
CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) is common for all the aspirants. Underlined points are a brief description about this stage.
- This stage consists of two papers General studies and aptitude test.
- Both papers are of multiple choice questions.
- Each paper is for duration of 2 hours.
- The question paper setup is in two languages i.e. Hindi and English. Comprehensive skills for language are printed only in English.
- Each paper is of 200 marks.
Stage2- Mains Examination
Candidates who had qualified the prelims got a call for the main examination. The main examination consists of total of 9 papers.
- Paper 1- Regional Language (Marks 300)
- Paper 2- English language (Marks 300)
- Paper 3- Essay (Marks 300)
- Paper 4- General studies 1 (Marks250)
- Paper 5- General studies 2 (Marks250)
- Paper 6- General studies 3 (Marks250)
- Paper 7- General studies 4 (Marks250)
- Paper 8- Optional 1 (Marks250)
- Paper 9- Optional 2 (Marks250)
Stage 3- An Interview
The candidates on the basis of merit list are called for an interview that is basically a personality test. This constitutes for 275 marks and makes the total to 2075 marks.
This is all about the pattern of IAS exam.
Best IAS coaching
Among the long list of institutes for UPSC online coaching, Elite IAS Academy is the best institute in Delhi. The institute provides the underlined facilities.
- Classroom courses: The institute organizes various classroom courses, so one has a long list to choose from according to their priorities. Various optional subject classes are also available.
- Online video courses: This institute offers four online video courses that are GS Foundation Course – 2019, GS Modular Videos, GS Sample videos, and Sociology IAS video courses.
- Effective Study Material: The institute provides the one with extra effective study material. Their weekly and monthly magazines are very helpful for general studies and current affairs.
- Faculty and staff: The faculty of the institute is very hardworking and believes in smart work. These give the great tips and tricks for remembering the concepts which is beneficial aspect for cracking the IAS examination.
The complete procedure of exam takes around one year. A strong determination and regularity are necessary if one wants to crack this exam. Don’t be afraid off, have an honest try, remember success comes only to those who work for it.